Virtual quiz sessions with family are becoming more popular. There are now hundreds of articles with links to example questions such as 85 Fun Quiz Questions for Kids
But I wanted to make sure you have a way to make the quiz time you spend together even more meaningful. You can do this by:
- Making the actual topic of the quiz about different family members or family history
- Add in a few ‘surprise’ questions about family members to any quiz session.
To go the extra mile, try turning these questions into True/False or multiple-choice questions.
25 Questions for Family Quiz Night All about YOUR Family
- How many pets do we have all together as a family?
- How many grandchildren/ cousins/aunts/uncles do we have in the family?
- Who is the longest living family member still alive today? Who is the youngest?
- Who recently retired/ graduated/won an award/earned how to tie their shoes?
- What did Grandpa/Grandma do before he/she retired?
- What does [child’s name] want to be when he grows up?
- What is [family member name]’s favourite food/sport/animal/hobby/movie?
- What is [family member name]’s favourite subject in school?
- Who in our family has met someone famous?
- How many adults in our family are born in December?
- Who in our family hates chocolate (trick question, no one?!)
- Who has the longest hair/shortest hair/no hair?
- Where was [insert family member name] born?
- How many brothers and sisters does [family member name] have?
- What year was [insert family name] born?
- What is [insert family name]’s middle name?
- Who was [family member name] named after?
- Has [family member] ever lived overseas?
- Has anyone in our family ever broken any bones?
- How old was [family member name] when he/she first went on a plane?
- What was Grandpa’s first part time job?
- If Grandma could only eat one thing for the rest of her life would it be pizza or chocolate?
- What is [family member name]’s biggest pet peeve?
- Who in our family has a tattoo?
- Who in our family has blue eyes? Brown eyes?
Kerry Byrne, PhD
The Long Distance Grandparent